Mrs Crimble’s Scotch Eggs
These scotch eggs can be enjoyed hot or cold, picnicing in the al fresco or lunching at a proper table, or with a salad for supper.
|Preparation time:||20 minutes approx. plus baking|
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 170°C (for fan assisted ovens) / 375°F / Gas Mark 5.
- Remove the skin from the sausages and gently mix together in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of the Mrs Crimble’s Breadcrumb or Sage & Onion Stuffing Mix and the salt and freshly milled black pepper.
- Divide the sausage mix into 4 and press lightly around each of the 4 boiled, cooled, peeled and dried eggs.
- Lightly blend 4-6 tbsps vegetable oil into the pack of Mrs Crimble’s Breadcrumb or Sage & Onion Stuffing Mix.
- Dip the eggs wrapped in sausage meat into the beaten egg and then into the prepared breadcrumb. Lightly press the crumb into the sausage meat.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, ensuring the sausage meat is piping hot and fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot or cold.
Making it a bit special… For extra taste, try dusting the eggs in curry powder, garlic or onion powder, or smoked paprika. Well, you only live once, poppet.
Be aware, petal, that your oven temperatures and cooking times may vary a bit from mine, so these instructions are just a guide.