FAMOUSLY FESTIVE MINCE PIES
The Crimble household is a hive of activity during the festive season. While Geoffrey busies himself with the baubles on the lower branches (heights were never his strong point), I whip up a batch of these to wash down with a Shirley Temple or two.
|Serves:||12-14 (if you can cope with just one each)|
|Preparation time:||15 minutes|
- Heat the oven to 200°C / 190°C (fan) / Gas Mark 5.
- Make the pastry following my instructions on the pack (remembering to add in the sugar before mixing in the water).
- Roll it to 2-3mm thick and cut out 12 circles big enough to line the holes in your tin.
- Pop the pastry cases in the oven for 5 minutes, then remove and drop a heaped teaspoon of mincemeat into each one.
- Using the rest of the pastry, cut out 12 little tops or 12 stars for the lids. Moisten the edges and gently press on top to make a seal.
- Brush with a little milk and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and cooked through.