EASY SQUEEZY CHEESECAKE WITH COCONUT AND LEMON
This cake is just the job for church fetes or cardigan contests (for 1st prize). Alternatively, it can work very well for bribing people of authority, e.g. the judge at a cardigan contest.
|Preparation time:||30 mins (plus time to chill and set)|
For the base
- Melt the butter. Tear the macaroons into small pieces. Add the macaroons to the melted butter and stir.
- Tip the macaroons into the tin and press firmly into the base with back of a fork. Place in the fridge while you make the filling.
For the filling
- Blend the cream cheese until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk the double cream and sugar together until thick.
- Gently blend the thickened cream into the cream cheese along with the vanilla and lemon juice.
- Pour the filling over the Mrs Crimble’s Coconut Macaroon base.
- Return to the fridge until firm (2 to 3 hours).
Sprinkle with desiccated coconut and lemon zest and top with the mixed berries.
These instructions are just a guide, sweetcheeks.