Rack or Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Parsley, Sage and Onion Crust
Certainly one to impress your neighbours. Set this on your dining table and I guarantee the net curtains will be twitching in no time.
|Preparation time:||1 hour 30mins (approx)|
Preheat the oven to 190°C / 170°C (fan) / Gas Mark 5. Weigh the lamb and calculate the cooking time (30 minutes for per 450g, plus an extra 30 minutes for nicely pink lamb).
- Pop the stuffing mix in a large bowl, then add the boiling water and garlic purée. Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Get yourself an oven-proof dish or roasting tray and pop the lamb skin-side down, opening it up nicely as you go. Take your stuffing mix and press it down gently over the surface of the lamb.
- Cover loosely with foil (make a little dome so it doesn’t touch the crust)
- Roast for the calculated time.
- Remove the foil for the last 30 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the lamb is piping hot and cooked.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, veg, mint sauce and redcurrant jelly for a spread worthy of your Sunday table.
Be aware, petal, that your oven temperatures and cooking times may vary a bit from mine, so these instructions are just a guide.