CHOCOLATE, MADELEINE & RASPBERRY TRIFLE
This one’s more than a trifle special, if you’ll mind the pun. And better still, you can make it in mere minutes.
|20 minutes (plus time in the fridge)
- Halve all the madeleines lengthwise, then use half of them in the bottom of a glass serving bowl. Pour over half of the raspberry juice and top with half of the raspberries.
- Spread the mascarpone over the top.
- Pop the rest of the madeleines on top in another layer, followed by the rest of the juice and raspberries.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt it in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water. Leave it to cool slightly, then stir in the custard and pour it over the trifle layers.
- Put it all in the fridge to set for 3-4 hours or overnight, if you can wait that long.
- Decorate with a little extra grated chocolate or fresh raspberries and whipped cream – whatever takes your fancy, poppet.