Deeply Decadent Chocaroon Mousse Cake
Quick, simple and oven-free, it ticks all my boxes. Not to mention rich, dark and just a little bit nutty. Make it in the macaroon tub and you’ll have next to no washing up, too.
|Preparation time:||Preparation time: 15 minutes|
- Empty the Mini Choc Macaroon tub and line it with cling film.
- Pop the macaroons into the bottom of the tub and press them down to make a nice base. If it’s a cold day, you can bung them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to make them softer.
- In a large bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and golden syrup together. When they’re nicely melted, take it off the heat and leave to cool
- In another bowl, whisk the cream until it is soft and thickened, then fold in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Pour it into the tub over the macaroon base, then put it in the fridge to set (it’ll need 3-4 hours or better still, overnight).
- When you’re ready to eat, gently pull the clingfilm to remove the mousse from the tub. You might need a knife to release the sides.
- If you fancy being fancy, go to town with some grated chocolate and more mini macaroons for decoration.