HOME BAKE BREADCRUMB MIX
A topping for gratins and bakes or a crispy crumb coating for meat, fish and vegetables
How to cook
LUXURY SEAFOOD CRUMBLE
YOU WILL NEED TO ADD:
350g (14oz) cod, haddock or other white fish fillets (skin removed), 350g (14oz) salmon (skin removed), 100g (4oz) peeled prawns. For the sauce: 80g butter, 50g (2oz) corn flour, 500ml (18 fl oz) semi skimmed milk, juice of 1 large lemon, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan) / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Cut the sh into chunks and place with the prawns at the bottom of a 20cm / 8 inch deep ovenproof pie dish. Sprinkle over the chopped boiled egg.
- In a saucepan blend together the corn our and milk and add the butter in small pieces. Slowly bring to the boil then reduce heat and lightly simmer until thick. Add the lemon juice and season well. Pour sauce over the sh and fold lightly. Sprinkle the top with the breadcrumb mix.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the sh is piping hot and thoroughly cooked and the topping is golden brown.
- Enjoy with seasonal vegetables.
YOU WILL NEED TO ADD:
4 skinless chicken breast fillets cut lengthways then into strips, 2 beaten eggs, gluten free our for dusting, vegetable oil.
- Spread breadcrumbs on a large plate or tray.
- Dust each chicken breast strip with gluten free our before dipping into the beaten egg then roll the chicken strips in the crumbs, coating them evenly all over with the breadcrumbs.
- Gently pan fry in 1/2 cm to 1cm of hot oil until the chicken is piping hot and thoroughly cooked.
ALTERNATIVE SERVING SUGGESTIONS:
- Use chicken breasts for the recipe above, and add garlic butter to the centre of each to make Chicken Kievs.
- Use as a coating for homemade fish cakes.
- Make your own picnic eggs with boiled egg, sausage meat and a breadcrumb coating.
Got an idea for a recipe?
If I were to hear on the grapevine that you’ve been keeping secret a perfectly nice recipe using one of my products, I’d be all shades of livid. It’s just not worth it, pickle.Suggest a recipe
Rice flour, chickpea flour, maize starch, salt, dextrose.
|Typical values||per 100g dry breadcrumbs|
|Energy||1510kJ / 357kcal|
|of which saturates||1.1g|
|of which sugars||2.0g|
More from the range
Are we missing a trick?
If there’s something we’re not making that we really should be, don’t keep mum, sausage – spill the beans.Suggest a product